Saturday, March 31, 2012

Flying through Saturday




 Unbelievably, It's already halfway through the weekend and there is only so much time left to relax, and blow off work. So, Go outside. Go hang with some friends. Get some extra sleep. DO  SOMETHING! Don't take the weekend for granted. Yesterday, at the dentist's office I expected to only be there for about an hours. But of course, I spent 3 hours there. Laying back in a chair while 2 women operated on my mouth. I think that i can still hear the sound of that drill in my ear. And after going through that, I am using this weekend to the fullest.








 Its Saturday! Which means that it is the perfect time to sit back and relax with some friends. I called up my friends (Paula, Trina and Elizabeth) and we all headed down to Town Square to watch The Hunger Games and to shop. I even wore my "special" mall shirt with feathers, and loafers . The movie was really good. They left out some little details, but I was expecting it. And of course, the book is Always better than the book. As we were leaving the theater I heard some people saying that they didn't expect Rue or Cinna to be black, and the emotional connection wasn't as strong because of it. Firstly, in the book Rue is said to be "dark-skinned", and I don't know how that translates into anything else . And would the death of an innocent little girl be anymore emotional if she was a different race. Tears would be streaming down my cheeks either way.





You can't go anywhere without the loafers!


After shopping and finding excellent deals in the mall we piddled around playing in fountains and checking out the local batches of guys. A couple of feather fell of my shirt and we joked around that I was "shedding". Overall I had a great Saturday. I recently realized that I have been cooped up in my house doing nothing but sleeping and pulling, all-nighters. So, I am glad that I got out of the house for once.







Shirt- Elie Tahari   Pants- CJ by: Cookie Johnson   Loafers- Tory Burch   Earrings- Betsey Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Please feel free to comment and give me suggestions!