Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday


Happy Easter Everybody! Today is the day, where we remember how on the third day, Jesus rose from the dead . And it's the day to stuff our faces with lots and lots of food. Just like Christmas, Thanksgiving, and the Fourth of July. Easter is an eating Holiday.I remember as  little girl, getting your new Easter dress, with the frilly socks and shiny patent leather shoes. Sitting in church on Sunday and singing "this little light of mine". I remember going home, sitting around an huge family table with my family . Things are pretty much the same, but today church was  different.



 Everybody knows about the black church, Tyler Perry movie stereotypes. Where the one black lady in the huge hat, jumps up in the middle of service and starts screaming at the top of her lungs because she is "feeling the Lord!” Well while visiting my aunt's church I saw exactly that. Except that is included about 2 women. I felt like I was thrown into some weird version of the Exorcist. People were screaming so loud that I think I busted an ear drum. 



Well, since it's Spring and Easter, I wore purple and blue florals with hints of black and silver. I was actually  one the people who was dressed tamely. I saw boys in neon green shirts and ties, and a woman with a florescent orange dress and heels to match. I even got some purple eyeliner to match. Although bizarre, it reminded me how much I love Easter.


Happy Easter Everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Please feel free to comment and give me suggestions!