Monday, February 27, 2012

Bollywood Mondays


“Tu hi toh jannat meri, Tu hi mera junoon… Tu hi to mannat meri, Tu hi rooh ka sukoon… Tu hi aakhion ki thandak, tu hi dil ki hai dastak"- This is a quote from one of the world's greatest Bollywood actors. Even though i have no clue what they said I can take inspiration from their work.

Aw Mondays! The most dreaded day of the week. And it is said that the average person doesn’t crack a smile until 11 am on Mondays. Well to counter this statistic I decided to  brighten up my day with a bit Bollywood. Bollywood style is the high class Indian fashion associated with sequins , bright colors and midriff bearing sari’s. Although a fan of sequins, they can be quite itchy and showing half of my body might get me a few unwanted looks. So, I decided to stick with the bright colors. I wore a bright turquoise top with small disc shaped mirrors around the collar, paired with my favorite go to silver sandals. Because i am a jeans an t-shirt kind of girl, I love this outfit. Hmm, maybe next time i will try some of the midriff baring. What do you all think ?


                                             (The video is an example of Bollywood Styles)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Please feel free to comment and give me suggestions!